Thursday, April 1, 2010

Market Haul: Cushion Covers

I have been looking for brightly coloured, hard wearing cushion covers to use in our playroom for a while now. Everything I have seen is either not suitable or too expensive so I was delighted to pick these up at the market on Saturday...





I really love the pattern, I think they have a Scandinavian look to them even though they're from Thailand. I got the 4 of them for a total of $5 making them only $1.25 each! A good soak in Napisan and a hot cycle in the washing machine should have them looking as good as new. They're a nice heavy fabric, so should be rascal-proof!

The back of each cover also has a pretty funky geometric pattern. Love them!

More to come from the market in my next post :-)

8 comments:

Engracia said...

Wow, what a fantastic find. You know if I ever went with you thrifting my spending hiatus would crack under the pressure, you always find such covetable things.
Happy easter my dear friend.
Engracia
xx

Thrifted Treasure said...

We will have to set a market date together!!! And the Spain/Portugal map is yours next time I see you! Have a great break :-)

Missa said...

Oh wow, these are so perfect! It's always fun when you already have a specified purpose for a find too, and aren't just picking it up because it's cool and you'll figure out how to make it fit into your life later.

Kate Moore said...

They're great. And the design is from Thailand? Do you think they're a copied Swedish or Danish design?

Maria said...

These are so beautiful! I especially love that they are all different colors yet still complement each other. I am currently on the hunt for a vintage picnic basket- it's always fun when you find the exact thing you are looking for :)

Anonymous said...

Those are great - you find the coolest stuff, I tell you ;)

home girl said...

oh jealous! love how graphic they are. am sure they will look very stylish in the playroom.

Toronto Yardsaler said...

These covers are fantastic. You have such a great eye for design. If you are interested, please email me your mailing address at monkeyintherocket@yahoo.ca if you get this message. I've got some vintage maps I'd love to give you. If you're swamped with them and you don't need more, that's fine too.
All the best,
Erin